Under its banner Pioneering Partner for Peptides, Bachem AG specializes in the development of innovative, efficient manufacturing processes and the reliable production of peptide-based active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). A comprehensive catalog of biochemicals and exclusive custom syntheses for research labs, diagnostic customers and other non-GMP partners complete its service portfolio.
Headquartered in Switzerland with subsidiaries in Germany, the UK, the USA and Asia, the group has a global reach with unrivalled peptides expertise and capabilities.
Bachem specializes in process development and the manufacture of peptides and complex organic molecules as APIs as well as innovative biochemicals for research. Experience in the development of optimal manufacturing processes and expanding knowledge of chemistries and technologies through internal research projects and research collaborations enable outstanding product quality and high yields.
Bachem prioritizes continuous investment in R&D on chemistries and technologies, focusing on more complex peptides up to synthetic proteins as presenting particular opportunities. Synthetic access to these macromolecules allows for substantial fine-tuning of these structures, allowing development of patented products with tailored properties and optimized structures.
Bachem has six production sites in the U.S. and in Europe along with research level production and full cGMP manufacturing facilities on both continents. These provide capacity to produce APIs, key intermediates, small molecule generics and new chemical entities (NCEs) at preclinical, clinical and production scales.
Bachem's manufacturing capabilities employ advanced solid phase peptide synthesis, solution phase peptide synthesis, hybrid strategies and other leading-edge methods, with multi-purpose equipment that can accommodate a wide range of chemical reactions.
Bachem has extensive expertise in the analysis of APIs, peptides and small molecules, along with stability studies and tests for interactions with packaging and other relevant materials. Testing and analysis are based on the full range of current technologies, including chromatographic techniques, spectroscopic methods, Amino Acid Analysis (AAA), Elemental Analysis (CHN), Enantiomer Content, polarimetry, refractometry, titration, turbidimetry and osmolality.
Bachem’s cGMP production capabilities include the key processes of superior yield process development, solution and solid phase peptide synthesis, cleavage from resin, large-scale purification, preparative HPLC, and counter current distribution for purification in SPPS and freeze drying.
Bachem traces its history back to 1971, when founder Dr. Peter Grogg established Bachem Feinchemikalien AG in Liestal near Basel to focus on peptide synthesis. In 1978, his nine-strong company moved to nearby Bubendorf, ready to manufacture its first medicinal peptides. By the time it celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2011, Bachem Group employed more than 650 people worldwide with total sales of more than CHF 150m.
In 2015, Bachem acquired American Peptide Company, a US-based specialized manufacturer of peptides. APC provides a wide range of services from small-scale catalog business and custom synthesis to large-scale manufacturing under cGMP. The acquisition of APC strengthens Bachem's expertise and once again expands its manufacturing capabilities.
In 2018, Bachem founded its lastest subsidiary Bachem K.K. in Japan to further strengthen project and customer support and drive further business growth in the Asian market. Bachem has increased its headcount to over 1000 employees and plans to continue its sustainable growth through continual progress and development.Contact
To learn more about Bachem's services and capabilities and how they can assist your business, please contact Bachem directly.
- > Bachem brings peptide CMO offers to CPhI MEA
- > Bachem brings research peptide expertise to SCS Fall meeting
- > Fluorescently Labeled Peptides and Amino Acids – Amyloid Beta 1-42
- > Fluorescently Labeled Peptides and Amino Acids
- > Opioid peptides
- > Diagnostic peptides
- > Bachem presents latest custom peptide synthesis offers to CPhI Chicago
- > Bachem brings manufacturing perspectives to London Peptides Congress
- > Bachem brings peptide partnering opportunities to BIO-Europe Spring Vienna
- > Bachem brings peptide API CMO offers to CPhI Japan
- > Bachem returns as sponsor to AsiaTIDES, Tokyo
- > Histone peptides
- > Thomas Meier to become new COO of Bachem Group
- > Bachem returns as sponsor to Austrian Peptide Symposium
- > Bachem underlines growing Asian presence with appearance at IPS/JPS 2018 Kyoto
- > Fluorescent peptides and amino acids
- > Bachem webinar on fluorescent labelling of peptides
- > Bachem enlarges its footprint in Asia with new Japanese subsidiary
- > Bachem support for Multiple Sclerosis therapies
- > Bachem Research Custom Synthesis
- CRO, CMO, CRAMS & CDMO
- Manufacturing & Production