By Ritter Medical…
Ritter Medical robotic consumables clear and conductive tips
The precise automation of robotic liquid handling system processes requires high-quality pipette tips with specific characteristics to meet different applications. Ritter Medical meets these application needs with its wide range of device-specific consumable conductive and clear tips whose forms and materials deliver ease in handling, sterility, and precision in analyzing even tiny volumes in high-throughput screening and clinical diagnostic applications.
These cleanroom-manufactured tips are purpose engineered to meet specific machine requirements while providing consistently excellent precision, hygienic standards and price-performance ratios. Across both clear and conductive tip ranges, tips include wide-bore 1000ml openings to support gentle robotic sampling of particularly viscous samples such as whole blood, plasma, cell cultures, macromolecules or oils.
Ritter Medical’s conductive tips allow the smallest volumes to be dosed with high precision and without contamination.
The conductivity enables the system to recognize the filling height and will guarantee a minimal immersion of the tip into the liquid, in order to assure safe pipetting and dispensing.
Conductive tips are manufactured in Class 8 clean room conditions to be guaranteed free of DNA, DNase, RNase and PCR inhibitors. Each batch of tips is tested to Ritter Medical’s rigorous internal quality management system standards by to assure fully reproducible results.
Ritter Conductive Tips are available in four distinct ranges to suit various robotic system formats:
- Type H CO-RE: Suitable for Hamilton systems, including Microlab Star™, and Nimbus*, along with similar pattern third-party devices. Offered in 50 µl, 300 µl, and 1000 µl size openings and in all possible permutations of non-filtered, filtered and bioclean variants
- Type T: Conductive tips suitable for Tecan*, Freedom Evo* and compatible third-party devices. Available in in 10 µl, 50 µl 200 µl, and 1000 µl sizes and in both normal and bioclean versions with filter
- Type ST: Conductive tips suitable for Stratec®, Gemini* and similar pattern third-party devices. Available in 300 μl and 1100 μl sizes in both normal and bioclean variants
- Type OLA: Conductive tips for Olympus® OLA2500 and Beckman Coulter 1250/2550, available in both filtered and non-filtered versions. These tips can dispense volumes from 20 μl to 1200 μl.
Clear tips (Non-Conductive Tips)
Ritter Medical’s unrivalled expertise in clinical grade plastics is also expressed in its range of transparent clear tips for automated dispensing machines and sampling applications. These are also produced under cleanroom conditions and tested from independent laboratories to be free of DNase, RNase, ATP and pyrogens, and tested Ritter QMS standards to assure full reproducibility.
The Ritter Medical clear tips range includes formats to support Dynex™ instruments in clinical diagnostic and drug discovery applications as well as automated sample handling by Tecan™ and a wide variety of similar workstations.
- Type Tecan: Robotic tips for Tecan® pattern OEM workstations, including Genesis, Freedom EVO, FlowBot, Piro S
- Type Dynex: Robotic tips for Dynex Technologies DSX, DS2 and DS4 automated sample handling instruments. Offered in two variants: blue Sample tips have 300 μl openings capable of dispensing volumes 5-250 μl, while clear Reagent tips feature 1300 μl openings capable of handling 20-1000 μl volumes.