By PHC Europe…
To get in touch with PHC Europe BV, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
PHCbi Incubator decontamination
PHCbi’s IncuSafe hydrogen peroxide vapor (HPV) decontamination solution is fitted as standard to many of its MCO Series IncuSafe CO2 incubators and Multigas Incubators and is an optional fitment on other models in these ranges.
Low temperature hydrogen peroxide is a widely preferred alternative to other decontamination procedures for biological safety cabinets, especially in the pharmaceutical industry.
PHCbi’s automated system for flooding the incubation chamber with hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), combined with Ultra Violet UV lights provides a complete solution for rapid and validated decontamination with minimum turnaround time between culture batches.
The PHCbi H2O2 system limits incubator downtime to less than three hours for each total chamber decontamination. Despite this increased speed, the high levels of safety needed to meet regulatory requirements are reliably retained. The quick turnaround of this process means that the equipment is out of action for substantially less time than similar direct heat decontamination systems.
As an alternative where speed is not such a priority, some InCuSafe incubators use PHCbi’s Dual Heat sterilization system that employs the incubator’s two heaters to power an 11-hour sterilization process at 180°C.
With both processes, the cabinet is automatically locked and unlocked before and after sterilization, with no need to remove inner parts or recalibrate afterwards.
These decontamination systems are part of a whole suite of InCuSafe technologies that also include:
- Direct Heat System: achieves an accurate, uniform, and highly responsive temperature control within the chamber by regulating three independent heating zones under microprocessor proportional–integral–derivative (PID) control. This control loop feedback mechanism continuously calculates an error value as the difference between desired setpoint (SP) and measured process variable (PV) and corrects using the three PID terms.
- CO2/O2 control by IR Sensor: The infra-red based system offers accurate and reliable CO2 measurement using a ceramic-based sensor that is unaffected by moderate changes in temperature and relative humidity and is linked to the PID controller for fast recovery times.
- Dual IR Sensor: The single beam, dual detector IR CO2 sensor simultaneously measures sample and reference wavelengths for continuous auto- zero calibration. It thus provides continuous calibration for unprecedented control, accuracy and stability.
- Zirconia O2 Sensor: The unique, solid-state zirconia O2 sensor delivers precise oxygen control. (1-18%; 22-80%), for physiological oxygen levels to simulate in vivo conditions.
- InCu-saFe Germicidal Interior: The inCu-saFe copper-enriched stainless steel alloy interior combines the germicidal properties of copper with the corrosion resistance of stainless steel.
- SafeCell UV Lamp: The optional, isolated, SafeCell UV lamp decontaminates circulating air and water in the humidifying pan, without harming cultured cells.
How H2O2 decontamination works
The H2O2 decontamination process follows several steps:
- Once the cycle is activated, the door is automatically locked and hydrogen peroxide goes through vaporisation.
- An airflow system circulates interior air to ensure the vapor acts on all surfaces.
- After this an ultraviolet (UV) light switches on for 90 minutes, causing the H2O2 vapor to decompose into water and oxygen.
- Once the cycle is complete, the door automatically unlocks.
When hydrogen peroxide decontamination is employed, all the incubator’s interior components, such as shelves, shelf brackets and the humidity tray, are decontaminated in situ, eliminating any need to remove and replace them for additional cleaning.
In addition, critical parts such as the CO2 sensor do not need to be removed during the process nor recalibrated afterwards, contributing to the reliable operation of the system.
The unique design of PHCbi incubators with minimal heat dissipation allows one incubator to be sterilized with no impact on adjacent equipment, even when in the same stack.
MCO CO2 Incubators
H2O2 or Dual Heat Sterilization is used across the MCO range of IncuSafe CO2 Incubators, including:
- MCO-50AIC-PE: A 50 litre volume incubator that provides precise control of carbon dioxide concentration and accurate, uniform, and highly responsive temperature control within the chamber. Contamination is prevented by germicidal interior and optional SafeCell UV lamp, while H202 sterilization is an optional fitment.
- MCO-170AIC-PE Series: These 170 litre chamber incubators feature the same technologies as the smaller version but with the addition of Dual IR CO2 sensor, full color LCD touch screen, and optional electric door lock and .Safe Cell UV®, now with increased UV lamp life. The MCO-170AICUVH-PE is fitted with H202 decontamination as standard, while the MCO-170AICUVD -PE uses the Dual Heat Sterilization system.
- MCO-230AIC-PE Series: These 230-litre volume incubators all feature standard InCu-saFe interiors, SafeCell UV, Direct Heat and Air Jacket System to regulate temperature, Dual IR sensor regulation over CO2 levels and full color LCD touchscreen control. Additionally, the The MCO-230AICUVH-PE feature standard H2O2 decontamination and is ISO 14644-1 part 14 Classified and falls in ISO Class 5.0 for certified cleanroom use.
MCO Multigas Incubators
- MCO-50M-PE: PHCbi’s 50-litre compact IncuSafe Multigas Incubator can be fitted with H202 decontamination board. Standard features include the unique PHCbi solid Zirconia O2 sensor for oxygen control, USB connectivity, OLED touchpad, SafeCell UV system, InCu SaFe copper-enriched stainless-steel interior, PHCbi proprietary single-beam, dual detector infrared (IR2) CO2 sensor, Direct Heat and Air Jacket Heating System and field-reversible doors. Electronic door lock with password is a further option.
- MCO-170M-PE Series: The 170-litre IncuSafe Multigas Incubators can all feature H202 Decontamination, with this capability offered as standard on the MCO-170MUVH-PE and as an option on the MCO-170M-PE and MCO-170MUV-PE.
Click on PHCbi H2O2 decontamination to download information sheet.
Click on PHCbi MCO CO2 IncuSafe incubators for detailed product information.
Click on PHCbi MCO Multigas IncuSafe incubators for detailed product information.