By L.B. Bohle
To get in touch with L.B. Bohle, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
L.B. Bohle: Advanced pharmaceutical manufacturing systems
L.B. Bohle is committed to delivering the most advanced technology for the production of pharmaceutical solids, expressed through continuous product innovation and efficiency increases that not strengthen competitive edge for clients through safety, efficiency, longevity, and resource-protecting production.
The German-based company offers both complete production lines and solutions for individual production steps, focusing on rapid development and production of sophisticated, pragmatic, and customized applications.
Comprehensive product range
The comprehensive L.B. Bohle product portfolio covers every part of the pharmaceutical solids production process, including weighing and dispensing, wet and dry granulation, blending, tablet coating, and tablet sorting. These are available both as stand-alone and fully integrated solutions.
The company also offers solutions for associated needs such as:
- Handling & Container systems: optimized solutions for the sensitive handling of pharmaceutical products, including HS Lifting Columns, the BSL Drum Handling system, ROB 50 Tablet Container handling, PTH Telescope Lifter and the cGMP BDS Docking station for contained charging, along with a diverse range of round, square, mobile, or stationary containers
- Continuous Manufacturing: This has become an L.B. Bohle specialty with various systems, such as BRC dry granulator, BCG twin-screw granulator, BCD continuous dryer, and KOCO® tablet coater supporting continuous or semi-continuous manufacturing and the major innovation of the modular and flexible QbCon® Continuous Manufacturing plant. This allows for production of pharmaceutical solids from powder to the coated tablet with a throughput from 5 to 25 kg/h, along with the QbCon® 1 R&D system that now enables truly continuous granulation and drying
- Cleaning: A series of applications for cleaning machines and systems for GMP compliance and faster changeovers. These include PUR Container Cleaning system, CDS Container Dryer, and BCM Wash In Place (WIP) module
- Containment: B. Bohle offers various containment solutions for both handling and process machines and has added many integrated applications for granulation, coating or linked processes to its product range
- Process Monitoring:B. Bohle offers its b.sure® app as a platform to enable shared and remote process control by linking operating data and process data via a communication server to mobile devices and PC workstations
“Made in Germany” quality
L.B. Bohle products are renowned for their very high product quality and reliability. L.B. Bohle manufactures exclusively “Made in Germany”, in four locations on an operating and production area of 45,000 m2.
L.B. Bohle operates four development and manufacturing facilities: three at its home base at Ennigerloh and a further plant at Sassenberg, both near Münster in North Rhine-Westphalia.
The head office and pre-assembly division is located at the headquarters in Ennigerloh/Westphalia, Plant 1. Two test and development centers, the Service Center, and the Technology Center, are also available for testing. In Plant 2 in Sassenberg the focus is on the production and development of the handling machines. Final assembly of process machines takes place in Plant 3 in Ennigerloh and the machines for Continuous Manufacturing are produced in Plant 4.
Worldwide sales and service support
L.B. Bohle celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2021. Over the course of four decades, it has become established as a global brand, exporting 80 percent of its products and internationally recognized for innovative technology and product quality.
L.B. Bohle has sales and service subsidiaries in the USA (Warminster, PA) in India (Ahmedabad), in Singapore and in Switzerland (Reiden). It is also represented by authorized sales agents in 45 countries.
Research & Innovation
L.B. Bohle’s commitment to innovation and continuous technological development is reflected in the more than 55 patents and utility models it holds around the world, with significant developments in the fields of coating, granulation, and continuous manufacturing.
The company’s initial success was based on an innovative design for its KA tablet checker. Over subsequent years, the developed its own design for a container blender (1987), Single Pot Granulator (1991), BFC Tablet Coater (1998), Tangential Fluidized-bed Processor (2003), BTC Tablet Coater (2007), Twin-screw granulator (2009), patented KOCO® Continuous Coater (2010), and Dry Granulator (2012). The company took a further significant technological step forwards in 2017 as a leader in continuous manufacturing with the introduction of the QbCon® series for wet and dry granulation and direct compression, followed the next year by the launch of the QbCon® 1 R&D solution for continuous granulation and drying.
L.B. Bohle’s success has been based on continuous innovation and engineering excellence, backed up by comprehensive service and customer support.
It ensures product quality by retaining manufacturing in Germany, supported by continuous development and qualification at its Ennigerloh R&D Centre and Testing Facility, Technology Center and Service Center.