By ME Logistic…
To get in touch with ME Logistic Services GmbH & Co. KG, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
ME Logistic Services GmbH & Co. KG
ME Logistic Services GmbH & Co. KG (ME Logistics) is a cargo and freight handling company that specializes in the packaging, storage, transportation and safe disposal of demanding consignments for the pharmaceuticals and other industries.
These goods include bulky, temperature-controlled, dangerous and specialized disposal cargoes, as well as hazardous waste, such as lithium batteries.
ME Logistics offers end-to-end services that include suitable packaging, transport, storage, consultancy and training. Its logistics offers all comply with guidelines for pharmalogistic Good Distribution Practice (GDP) and IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) for air transport of hazardous cargoes.
Products & Services
ME Logistics offers a portfolio of services and products to meet specialized logistics needs. The principle product streams are:
- Dangerous Goods Management: A one stop shop suite of services including consultancy, door-to-door transport and document preparation (including GGVSEB/ADR transport authorizations, IMDG – IMO Declarations, IATA GDR declarations, DOT transport licenses for lithium batteries and assistance in applying for airfreight exemptions. Within Europe, ME Logistics can also carry out on-site packing and labelling by trained teams.
- Lithium Logistic: Worldwide transport management including appropriate documentation and authorizations management for the transport of series or non-serial lithium battery modules, including a proprietary battery transport box with optional integrated extinguishing device approved for all modes of transport. The service includes an international network for battery recycling and airfreighted returns. The company can also supply owners or shippers with suitable extinguishing equipment as required when handling prototype, damaged or critical lithium batteries.
- Disposal: Certified disposal or safe destruction of toxic, inflammable or polluting materials including uncleaned packaging, chemicals or batteries, using its own approved recycling methods.
- Warehousing: ME Logistics offers storage, order picking and refill for all types of goods, including hazardous materials. The service includes suitable packaging for selected transport method, issue of all necessary ADR, IMDG and IATA documents and filling of solid or liquid goods (including highly viscous substances) into desired container sizes, thus offering you the best possible transport storage and processing comfort. We also convert temperature-dependent substances, e.g. with a viscosity from 70 ° C.
- Transport: Transport, either arranged as agency or carried out directly, is inherent in all ME Logistics. Depending on need, the company can arrange direct flights, general cargo, charter, full loads, along with airfreight packing and required documentation including customs clearances and DGR permissions.
- GDP Temperature-controlled logistics: With its own GPS monitored vehicles and a network of cGDP partners, ME Logistics can carry out cool-chain and cold chain temperature-controlled transport shipping from door to door, with accompanying journey records. This service line also includes re-icing and refrigerant recharge for pharmaceutical transports and consignments.
- Bulk or large packaging: On-site packaging of large items or bulk consignments for transport, using specially constructed crates that meet IPPC/ISPM 150 standards and on site goods packing.
- Online supplies: Via its web shop, ME Logistic Services can also supply packaging materials and containers for specialized consignments including cartons, drums, hazardous goods labelling, packing and films, as well as disinfecting supplies.
- Training: ME Logistics is certified to provide training in specialized logistics fields such as GDP temperature controlled packing and shipment of pharmaceuticals and handling of Dangerous Goods.
Company History and Structure
Founded in 1998, ME Logistic Services is based in the heart of Europe in the Rhine-Hunsrück district of the Rhineland Palatinate of Western Germany, near the Luxembourg border.
ME Logistics initially specialized in Dangerous Goods of collection, transport and disposal. Since the mid-2000s, it has expanded its activities to include all specialized aspects of GDP compliant freight and supply handling.
As well as its base at Büchenbeuren, ME Logistics also operates a storage and equipment facility near Nuremberg in Bavaria.
The company is led by Managing Director Thorsten Mentges and Operations Manager Henry Koester, with Nicole Schneider heading pharma operations and Alexej Dreer in charge of airfreight logistics.
Quality, Regulatory and Standards
All ME Logistics products and services comply with GDP guidelines. The company is governed according to rigorous internal quality and safety protocols as demanded and inspected by its insurers, ERGO Environmental and Pharmaceutical Insurance of Düsseldorf.
It has many certificates and authorities to operate as a specialized logistics and waste handling company. These include:
- Authorization for collection, carriage, and disposal of hazardous waste according to German federal regulations § 53 and § 54 KRWG
- NIWO (Netherlands) and OVAM (Belgium) authorities for waste handling and disposal
- IHK (Germany) recognized and authorized provider of training in Dangerous Goods
- BAM (Germany) SV 376 ADR authorization for handling of defective industrial Lithium Batteries
- A88 Lithium Prototype Permission for Airfreight and DOT Authorization Service with an own partner in the USA for Importing / Exporting Lithium Batteries
- Certified 24 h Emergency contract number of dangerous goods
- IATA PK 2 waste and Dangerous Goods repack permissions
- DGR Training Permits
- Dangerous Goods storage permissions