By L.B. Bohle
To get in touch with L.B. Bohle, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
L.B. Bohle BCG Twin-Screw Granulator
L.B. Bohle offers a range of BCG Series Twin-Screw Granulators for continuous wet granulation for particle size reduction in the pharmaceutical industry.
Twin-screw granulation has been a preferred method for continuous wet granulation since the early 2000s. L.B. Bohle’s twin-screw granulation system is designed as a fully continuous process and can be used by companies as a starting point for the successful introduction of continuous manufacturing (CM) of pharmaceuticals.
Thus, BCG series Twin-Screw Granulators can be used as stand-alone machines or can be fully integrated into the L.B. Bohle’s QbCon® continuous manufacturing line.
BCG Design and Features
The powder to be granulated is fed onto two screws, which rotate in the same direction inside a cylinder, thereby transporting the material through the process zone. Kneading and mixing takes place at the same time.
The flexible design of the screws allows production of granules of different porosities that match all requirements for downstream drying and tableting.
Intelligent control concepts are used in combination with PAT (Process Analytical Technology) such as NIR (near-infrared spectroscopy) for in-line content analysis or continuous particle size analysis, or Raman spectroscopy to produce granules of consistently high quality.
L.B. Bohle Twin-screw granulation benefits
The L.B. Bohle BCG Twin-screw granulator system offers pharmaceutical manufacturers a set of clear and tangible benefits, which include:
- Mixing and granulation in one step in the shortest time possible
- Short residence times of the material in the process (ranging from a few seconds to under one minute)
- Fast and efficient responses to process, and quality non-conformities
- Compact machine footprint and associated GMP surface areas
- No need for machine up-scaling to support large scale and continuous production
- Instrumentation for 100% in-line quality control
- Selective ejection of low-quality powders for reduced waste
- Ultra-fast Implementation of test and pilot batches
Click on L.B. Bohle Twin Screw Granulation for further details.
Click on L.B. Bohle Products & Processes Portfolio to learn more.
Click on Free White Papers and Product Brochures to access free downloads (registration required).
Visit our Technology Center and Service Center virtually in a 360° tour.