By Huxley Bertram…
To get in touch with Huxley Bertram Engineering Ltd, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
Huxley Bertram Tablet Compaction Simulators
Huxley Bertram (HB) designs and builds a range of Tablet Compaction Simulators as specialist measuring instruments for the pharmaceutical industry that allow powders, including highly potent compounds to be analysed for compaction properties during the drug discovery and development stage.
Clients for Huxley Bertram compaction simulators include leading international pharmaceutical companies and world-leading universities who use them as part of their R&D, Process Analytical Technology and Quality by Design methods.
Tablet Compaction Simulator range
Huxley Bertram offers a number of different machine types in its compaction simulator range including:
- HB100 High Speed Tablet Press Simulator: Huxley Bertram’s high-speed tablet press, simulating high speed production presses with multiple tooling and instrumentation options. The platform allows tri-axial decompression and includes comprehensive analysis software
- HB100 High Speed Tablet Press Simulator with Containment: Optional isolation and containment fixtures allow the HB100 to work safely with compounds up to OEB 5 (occupational exposure band potency).
- HB50 Tablet Press Simulator: 50 kN servo-hydraulic versatile double ended tablet press simulator with configurable work space for tablet compaction or capsule filling tests. A wide selection of instrumentation and software options. Position-controlled press and roller compactor simulations using a library of machines, and position or load controlled research profiles for material characterisation and initial studies.
- HB10 Versatile Tablet Press: A compact low-speed but highly capable servo-hydraulic double acting research & development press with integrated hydraulic pump, simple operating software and precision instrumentation for load and position, upper and lower. HB10 has multi-layer capability and accommodates all standard tooling types.
- Tablet testing fixtures: A range of specialized punch and die and instrumentation packages that can be conveniently used for advanced measurements: these packages are designed for easy fitment to existing universal testing machines to allow advanced compaction testing to be performed on Instron, Zwick, MTS, etc. installations.
HB supports its compaction simulator solutions with a wide range of specialized accessories and instrumentation, including Adhesion Punches, Pressure Instrumented Dies, Ejection Force Punches, Temperature Instrumented Punches, Hardness and Shear Testers.
All HB tablet compaction simulators are CE certified and comply with UL requirements. They are manufactured under assured quality with Huxley Bertram Engineering processes and premises certificated gold standard ISO 9001:2015 requirements for design, manufacture, commissioning of its special purpose machines and automation equipment (see Resources).
Huxley Bertram ensures all machine building and testing functions are performed in-house.
Click on Compaction Simulation for information on Huxley Bertram compaction simulators.
Click on Technical Datasheet for HB100 Tablet Compaction Simulator to download detailed product information.