Gerteis® Macro-Pactor® Roller Compactor System
Products & Services | Gerteis Maschinen + Processengineering AG
Gerteis® flagship production roller compactor, the Macro-Pactor® system, is designed and engineered for development, pilot projects. Yet it also supports up to full-scale production for the pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries with throughput ranging from 100g per trial up to 400kg per hour.
It also supports ultra high containment and very low occupational exposure requirements.
With the optional WIP/CIP cleaning, press roller cooling and heating and different press roller surface designs, the Macro-Pactor® can be very precisely tailored to provide an optimal solution for any dry granulation application.
- Constant ribbon density
- Validated gap and force measurement
- Suitable for standard occupational exposure limit (OEL) under 3μg per cubic meter
- Sophisticated real world calibration & protocols
- Fully instrumented
- Process data acquisition
- Free floating gap design
- Split valves on feed and discharge
- Real-time process control
- Perfect sealing system for 100% compliance
- CFR 21 Part 11 conformity
- The Macro-Pactor® design benefits from Gerteis® close academic cooperation with leading research universities and its renowned expertise in dry granulation technologies and processes.
- This knowledge is reflected in the system’s excellent mechanical and isolation properties and supports ultra-high containment applications, eliminating regulatory breaches.
- Users can also benefit from Gerteis excellent worldwide technical and scientific support and its respected programs of pharmaceutical roller compaction seminars. These allow Gerteis to share latest knowledge and valuable insights.
- The Macro-Pactor® shares a harmonized design and operator interface with the rest of the Gerteis Pactor® range, easing and speeding scale-up to full-size production.
- The wide range of options available allows the Macro-Pactor® to be configured very precisely to specific requirements, applications and substances.
- Other advantages include full validation documentation and support for CFR 21 Part 11 compliance.
MacroPactor’s granulator system can be configured as open star rotor, with closed pocket type integrated bulk-breaking and pre-crushing for optimal compaction results.
Optional peripherals include interfaces for pneumatic or mechanical conveyor systems; feed and/or discharge.
Other options include:
- Different roller surfaces: knurled, smooth, toothed or custom patterns
- WIP/CIP cleaning
- Vacuum de-aeration
- Press roller and mill cooling
- Advanced OEL design (< 1μg/m3)
- Ultra-high containment solutions
- Built in PAT control system
- Integrated two-step granulation system
- Separate feed funnel for small quantities
- Operator Interface with industrial PC solutions
|Press force:||1-20 kilonewtons (kN) per cm|
|Roller speed:||1-30 RPM|