By Pharmatrans SANAQ…
To get in touch with Pharmatrans SANAQ AG, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
Pharmatrans DICOM SANAQ SP204 proprietary excipient for Direct Compression containing alkaline agent
Pharmatrans Sanaq has extended its DICOM SANAQ® range of high functionality co-processed excipients with the introduction of DC® SP 204 as a co-processed excipient optimized for direct compression and containing an alkaline agent. This makes it especially suitable for acid sensitive APIs.
DC® SP 204 incorporates a large surface area of Light Magnesium Oxide to provide enhanced protection and stability to acid labile active pharmaceutical ingredients from a 360o alkaline environment.
DICOM-DC® SP204 Features
DICOM-DC® SP204 is a proprietary co-processed excipient containing Microcrystalline Cellulose, Light Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Starch glycolate, pre-gelatinized starch and Maize starch.
The presence of the alkaline microenvironment is essential in case of The large Magnesium Oxide surface area in DICOM-DC® SP204 creates a 360° alkaline microenvironment at pH 9.5-11.0. This is essential in formulations involving acid labile drugs (e.g. Pantoprazole) to provide enhanced protection to the active ingredient.
DICOM-DC® SP204 also exhibits high bulk density making it suitable for formulation of high weight tablets.
DC® SP204 Benefits
As part of the Pharmatrans mission to produce ‘Pharmaceutical Excipients focused on your formulation needs’, DICOM-DC® SP204 is engineered to provide directly identifiable and quantifiable user benefits.
In particular, the incorporation of Light Magnesium Oxide into the co-processed excipient overcomes a number of previous problems.
- Light Magnesium Oxide is a very fluffy material that is difficult to incorporate directly into a tablet formulation
- Segregation tendency leads to weight variations, unstable formulations, and a non-uniform alkaline microenvironment
- The inconsistent granular mix can lead to improper die filling and tooling damage without special coatings.
In contrast, use of DC® SP204 offers:
- Uniform alkaline protection from all sides
- Direct compression at high speed with uniform weight and quality attributes
- Enhanced stability for acid labile APIs
- Higher product quality in being able to form robust tablets with reduced friability
- Reduced tooling wear and damage through indirect contact and protection from other excipients in the co-processed mix
- No special coating requited for tooling
- Hugh bulk density allows formulation for high tablet weight using smaller die or high fill weight in smaller capsules
Click on DICOM SANAQ portfolio for a summary of available blends.