By Molnár-Institute for…
To get in touch with Molnár-Institute for applied chromatography, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
Molnár-Institute for applied chromatography
The Molnár-Institute for applied chromatography (Molnár-Institute) focuses on new strategies for improving the efficiency and success of modern high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and ultra-high pressure liquid chromatography (UHPLC).
By applying its proprietary method development software DryLab in conjunction with rigorous methodologies, the institute is able to optimize method development and reduce method run time in HPLC and UHPLC.
The Institute also offers HPLC and software training courses, together with HPLC consulting.
Products and Services
The Molnar-Institute offers products and services to multiple sectors working in chromatography. These include HPLC, Ultra-high-pressure liquid chromatography (UHPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC) and Ion Chromatography (IC) sectors.
The organization groups its products and services into five principal streams:
- DryLab®4 Software for HPLC method development
- Robustness tool: The Robustness Module tests the tolerance limits of your selected working point by computing the number of Out-of-Specification (OoS) results that occur given small fluctuations in your method parameters. You can evaluate the following conditions: Gradient Time, Temperature, pH or Ternary Composition, Flow Rate, Start %B, End %B.
A chromatogram is generated for every possible combination of errors and shows you the range of resolution values you can expect during routine application. Based on the number of successful experiments, you may wish to choose a new working point to ensure safer results during routine application (this does not require a new validation). Moreover, you can evaluate which method parameters exert the highest influence on your separation, which is highly useful for setting up an efficient control strategy.
- Method Development Services: Providing contract services to organizations needing fast HPLC solutions for complex mixtures. Molnar-Institute can accept client input run as the basis for developing state-of-the-art DryLab methods.
- Software support services: Molnar-Institute can provide a suite of software maintenance and support services that include support service for technical and chemical issues during method development, Analytical QbD consultation and advice, software updates and discounted rates for DryLab courses.
- Intensive DryLab®4 Training for UHPLC Method Development: also focusing on analytical Quality by Design (Analytical QbD) in UHPLC method development. The course focuses on new approaches for visualizing the so-called “Design Space”, with the goal of gaining more flexibility in routine HPLC applications.
- Training: Method Development for the Separation of Therapeutic Proteins (Biopolymers): extensive training on HPLC (UHPLC) method development for the separation of therapeutic proteins, including fundamentals of reversed-phase (RP), ion-exchange (IEX), hydrophobic interaction (HI) and size-exclusion (SE) chromatography are explained and discussed along with examples of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and related products, such as antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs).
Courses are taught in English regularly throughout the year in Berlin, and Molnar-Institute also offers client site courses in English or German at client locations worldwide.
Molnar’s state-of-the-art software suite, DryLab, supports analytical scientists in UHPLC method development, optimization, trouble shooting, robustness testing, and training.
DryLab is a revolutionary HPLC method development and optimization software that predicts chromatograms under a much wider range of experimental conditions, than it would be possible in the laboratory.
With DryLab, HPLC researchers can quickly and easily determine exactly how separations behave as they simultaneously vary multiple method parameters, such as pH, temperature, buffer concentration, ternary eluent composition (Tc).
DryLab offers considerable speed, efficiency and cost advantages to any organisation developing HPLC methods that wish to optimize complex samples and economize resources spent developing and running methods.
The multifold reduction in method development time is a key advantage of using DryLab. This and vast improvements in run time are significant pluses leads to the implementation of the software in the biggest pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies worldwide. More than 200 peer reviewed publications substantiate DryLab facts by the experience of industry applications. Some examples are proving that using DryLab®4 saves method run time up to 97% and method development time up to 92 %.
Structure and background
Dr. Imre Molnár founded the Molnar Institute in 1981, in Berlin, Germany. Since then, the institute has followed a consistent mission, to form a center of excellence to save, reduce and optimize method development and run time high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC); formerly referred to as high-pressure liquid chromatography.
Dr. Imre Molnár remains president of the Molnar-Institute, which is a privately owned organisation, headquartered in central Berlin.
Standards and Compliance
Molnár-Institute develops DryLab software for high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC and UHPLC). Chromatographers performing analytical method development use DryLab to reduce analysis time, increase method robustness, and conform to Quality by Design (QbD) standards.
Molnár-Institute is a registered UHPLC-modeling software vendor to the FDA, CDC, CFIA, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
The institute uses assisted retention modeling as an important core tool to ensure quality.
To schedule a live online demonstration of DryLab Chromatographic Retention Modeling Software click here.