To get in touch with O.ZA.F. s.r.l., simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
About O.ZA.F: Industrial automation experts
For over 70 years, O.ZA.F Srl (O.ZA.F) has established itself as a world-class expert in the interlocking, feeding, sorting, filling, assembly and robotic technologies that power modern production and packaging lines. O.ZA.F’s core business is the production of machines for reordering bulk parts and for assembling components, with its revolutionary sorting and unscrambling technologies giving it particular visibility in pharmaceutical and other markets.
Founded as an artisan company making machines to order, O.ZA.F’s strength is based on technical and commercial consulting and component technologies that are used in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food & beverages, chemicals and other industries. It can also create customized automated systems, integrated by manufacturers and by end users into filling, capping, labelling and packaging lines.
Combining Innovation with Tradition
Operating in Italy and abroad, the company can collaborate with manufacturers to created state-of-the-art production lines; from mechanical and electronic design, through assembly and testing, to the drafting of standard documentation and product validation.
These core skills and capabilities are combined with responsive after-sales and technical support services able to respond to any request.
While a highly innovative company, O.ZA.F also remains true to its historical values of craftsmanship and attention to quality of materials, all contributing to assured excellence of its ‘Made in Italia’ brand.
O.ZA.F Product Areas
Specific O.ZA.F Product Areas include:
- Vibration systems: These devices allows creation of pre-load and orientation systems (circular and linear vibrators and vibrating hoppers) for different types of parts, such as pharmaceutical stoppers, rings, plungers, or droppers, along with dispensers, pumps, brushes, etc.), as well as mechanical components.
- Mechanical feeder: The range of O.ZA.F machines includes unscramblers, centrifugal and mechanical feeders, roller conveyors and special automated systems, to allow sorting and orientation of parts of different shapes or sizes. These systems are designed to feed objects of all shapes, using pucks or godets to ensure stability. O.ZA.F unscrambling modules are suitable for many environments, including pharmaceuticals, and can be made specific to any application, with accessories like air rinsing and orientating devices to deal with asymmetrical parts. O.ZA.F has developed a proprietary system to handle sorting of bottles.
- In-Line Roller Feeding: ZA.F offers orientation system for parts with flanges (syringes, dropper, compressed tubes, etc.) that allow format change system without the use of tools through automatic or manual adjustment of the in-line rollers. The supply can be completed by additional devices such as: blower/vacuum systems, devices for direct (or indirect insertion through external devices combined) inside pucks/godets in case of unstable objects and other systems on specific request of the customer. In combination with the cartoning machines, they can be equipped with conical or cylindrical wheels for direct unloading of correctly oriented parts directly into the catenary boxes.
- Robotic Solutions: ZA.F has been a pioneer in the use of robot process automation (RPA) orientation technology to allow the creation of very flexible solutions, especially in the presence of a wide variety of shapes and sizes. This flexibility can translate to space saving, and fewer format changes. Moreover, the range of robots used can be certified to be installed with open or closed Restrictive Access Barriers (O-RABS or C-RABS) or with use of isolators for use in classified environments with varying containment levels.
- Assembly Machines: ZA.F is able to supply automatic modules, with alternate or continuous movement, linear or rotary, for the orientation and assembly of components. These can be combined with additional devices such as: insertion devices inside pucks/godets in case of unstable objects or, in case of combination with cartooning machines, combined with conical or cylindrical wheels for direct unloading of the parts oriented directly into the boxes of the catenary.
Since the beginning, O.ZA.F has been based in and around Florence. In 2008, to meet growing demand for higher speed and more complex machines, it moved to its current 4,200m2 facility at Scarperia, from where in 2012 introduced its first robotic solution, combined with orienting device technology.
The company follows Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidelines in its processes and products. Its devices are CE-marked as meeting all European Annex 1 product standards.
All processes follow O.ZA.F’s rigorous internal quality procedures.