To get in touch with Watlow, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
Watlow and Eurotherm Temperature & Process Controllers Optimize Operational Efficiency and Compliance in the Life Science Industry
The merger of world-leading Industrial heating solutions provider Watlow with leading-edge solutions provider Eurotherm greatly expands the range of Temperature & Process Controller options available.
The range extends from compact panel mount specific set point and temperature controllers providing on-off functionality over single processes to sophisticated PID and integrated process control stations that can govern multiple processes.
EZ-Zone family of controllers
The diverse range of Watlow and Eurotherm control solutions is made up of a number of recognizable ‘families’ of products that share general size, design and functionality characteristics.
Each product can function as a stand-alone controller or be integrated into a wider control network.
- EZ-ZONE® RM Rail Mount Controller: The EZ-ZONE family of controllers simplify thermal system management by providing a central control and management hub, bringing together six functional modules: an integrated on-off or PID control, monitoring and over/under temperature limit controller module, a high-density on-off or PID control module, a high-density limit-only module, an input/output (I/O) expansion module, a high-density monitor/scanner module and a data logging and field communications access module. Systems can be configured by connecting any combination of module types to address specific application needs. The RM Integrated Controller features up to 152 control loops and can be used as an integrated on-off or PID control, temperature limit controller, high density controller, and for other controller functions. This is an extremely flexible and scalable solution that allows mixing and matching of I/O to configure 1 to 152 control loops and up to 256 monitor points.
- EZ-ZONE RMA PLUS Remote Access Module: The E RMA meets EZ-ZONE user needs for easier networking across an entire system with state-of-the-art plug and play connectivity from the device to remote devices via a built-in Ethernet switch or USB. Users can also connect to third-party and legacy devices because the RMA PLUS acts as a gateway between Modbus® TCP and Modbus® RTU. The device comes standard with a built-in managed Ethernet switch with two Ethernet jacks. Up to three Modbus® TCP sessions, three Watbus over Ethernet sessions and one Watbus over USB session is available in a single device. Users can also log up to 16 gigabytes of data standard or upgrade to a maximum of 32 gigabytes. Configuration and data logs are available as Windows® files so they can be easily accessed. In addition, discovery and transfer speeds have gone from minutes with the legacy EZ-ZONE RMA to just seconds with the RMA PLUS.
- EZ-ZONE® PM 1/4 DIN Panel Mount Controller: This solution offers control options that reduce system complexity and thermal loop ownership cost, along with many communications options to support connectivity needs. The EZ-ZONE PM panel mount controller is a highly scalable solution that can be ordered as a PID controller, an over/under limit controller or with functions combined into an integrated controller. There is also an option to integrate a high amperage power controller output with a high-performance PID controller and an over/under limit controller in one space-saving, panel mount package.
- PM PLUS™ PID & Integrated Limit Controller: An enhancement pf EZ-ZONE® PM, the PM PLUS® is now available in 1/8 DIN horizontal and vertical package panel mount sizes, with a more intuitive user interface for easier programming and readability with Watlow’s SMOOTH-TOUCH™ keypad creating an industry leading user experience. PM PLUS is backwards compatible with legacy EZ-ZONE PM controllers but offers many user upgrades including an intuitive menu flow allowing the controller to be easily configured. It also continues to offer the industry leading Bluetooth® connectivity with the EZ-LINK™ mobile app for remote access capability and full descriptions of parameters and error codes. The PM PLUS improves the user experience by reducing the complexity at the front of the control while eliminating the dependency of cables when configuring the product. Like the original EZ-ZONE PM, the PM PLUS can be ordered as a PID controller, or an integrated controller with multiple functions combined into one.
- Eurotherm® nanodac™ Recorder / Controller: For a compact control box, Eurotherm’s nanodac™ recorder/controller offers the ultimate in graphical recording combined with PID control and setpoint programs a box of its size. The compact 1/4 DIN panel mount unit offers four high accuracy universal inputs for data recording and PID control. This secure data recording device with accurate control is enhanced by a full color, 1/4 VGA display for a crystal-clear operator interface. Capabilities include precision analogue batch recording, with the recorder/controller offers four channels, easily meeting the requirements of regulators for accuracy and repeatability, and data logging requirements of 21 CFR 11. Optional Ethernet/IP integration with an existing instrument network allows the nanodac to act as local data historian in Client or Server mode to record up to 30 process parameters, offering both an overview of all the process parameters (data points) being addressed via the communications and a diagnostics page that can be used during initial setup and commissioning, to test the connection, between the Client and/or Server.
- Eurotherm® Versadac™ Recorder / Controller: For more demanding applications, the VersadacÔ recorder provides a back of panel solution with almost unlimited capacity. Both allow alarm and discrete input logging, communications with other devices, results available in the data record, electronic signatures and batch data recording.
- Eurotherm® 3200 Series Temperature/Process Controllers: The 3204, 3216, 3208, and 32h8 Temperature / Process Controllers are Eight-Segment programmers that can monitor for heater function and failure. They incorporate internal timers, and Modbus comms with retransmission also possible over analogue. The intuitive user interface offers a QuickStart set-up wizard for ‘out of the box’ operation with operation featuring scrolling text messages, customizable recipes, help text and custom alarm messages. These instruments are ideal for demanding applications such as plastic extrusion, heat treatment, hot runner, thermal forming, ovens, chillers, and stress relief on materials.
- Eurotherm® EPC3000 Programmable Controllers: The EPC3000 range of programmable single loop process and temperature controllers maximizes efficiency and repeatability and is certified for cybersecurity communications robustness. Incorporating the industry-leading Eurotherm PID algorithm, they deliver fast reacting and repeatable control, now enhanced with Factory Mutual (FM) approved temperature limit option to further reduce overshoot. Process inputs are fast and accurate, with exceptional thermal stability, aiding precise and consistent control over long periods without calibration drift. Recalibration and user calibration correction functions are available to further improve accuracy. Ethernet enabled as standard, these are among the first controllers to be designed and certified to meet the stringent cybersecurity requirements of Achilles® Communications Robustness Testing Level 1.
- Eurotherm® EPC2000 Programmable Controllers: The EPC2000 series of programmable single loop temperature and process controllers provide efficient and repeatable precision control in a convenient and easy to deploy DIN rail and surface mounting format. The controller combines precise control and measurement performance with a high-speed Ethernet connection incorporating an integral switch for daisy chain connection to supervisors, panels or PLC. Cybersecurity is certified to the stringent requirements of Achilles® CRT Level 1.User function block wiring with optional math, logic, totalizer and specialized functions allows the unit to take on additional system functions beyond PID control, while the Eurotherm PID algorithm delivers fast reacting and repeatable control, again enhanced to help reduce overshoot.
Watlow integrated process controllers
Watlow’s extensive family of F4®. PM LECACY®, and SERIES controllers offer affordable single process modules that can be panel mounted to build up a sophisticated overall control system. SERIES CF and CV-controllers are UL® and C-UL® listed and carry CSA and CE approvals.
- F4T® Temperature and Process Controller: an integrated process controller that combines the flexibility of a modular I/O (input/output) unit with a sleek 4.3 inch, color, graphical touch panel UI for best-in-class ease of use to provide custom tailored configurations to meet the scaling needs of wide range of applications and equipment. Now featuring e-mail and text alerts, it can notify users of an event that has occurred such as a specific profile or step within a profile, alarm condition, limit condition or analog input error. It offers a wide range of field removable I/O modules for maximum design flexibility. The F4T controller also features a. Combining power, flexibility and functionality.
- PM LEGACY™ Panel Mount Controller: An industry-leading PID controller that allows optimal performance utilizing simple control and menu functionality without complex features. It is ideally suited for basic applications and usage levels. The LEGACY includes one universal input and an option for up to two outputs and is available in 1/16 DIN and 1/32 DIN panel mount packages. It can be ordered as a PID process controller or as a dedicated over and under-temperature limit controller.
- SERIES F4 Ramping Controller: the unit uses advanced technology to make Ramping Control Programming easy and meet the requirements of the most demanding ramp soak controller processing applications, such as environmental chambers, furnaces and ovens. Available in single and dual channel versions, the SERIES F4 ramping temperature controller features a four line, high-definition LCD interface display for quick and easy profile programming and controller configuration. Its 16-bit microprocessor ensures accuracy and delivers reliable performance.
- SERIES F4 Process Controller: A high performance 1/4 DIN format temperature process controller that offers the versatility needed to meet a wide range of industrial processing needs, such as in semiconductor manufacturing, plastics processing, packaging, and industrial process control applications. This process controller features a four line, high definition LCD interface display, in addition to an information key that enables easy and error-free set up and control operation. Its 16-bit microprocessor ensures accuracy and delivers performance advantage, while four digital inputs remotely modify controller operation or enable display of pre-defined operator messages. Advanced process controller features include cascade, ratio, differential, duplex slide wire and retransmit options.
- SERIES CV Temperature Controller: A microprocessor-based basic Temperature and Limit Controller that provides economical solutions for a wide range of applications that require simple, on/off control. The SERIES CV controller includes an intuitive operator interface for viewing and control of set points and operating range temperatures, displayed on red, four-character, seven segment LED.
- SERIES CF Set Point Controller: Watlow’s CF family of temperature and set point controllers offer economical solutions for applications that require simple, on-off control combined with high repeatability, accuracy and performance. The SERIES CF temperature controllers and set point controllers incorporate a microprocessor design for high precision and easy operation. Fixed set points are available and an indicating display is an option.
Control of Life Sciences Applications
Watlow and Eurotherm are committed to deliver digital engineered solutions that make pharmaceutical processes efficient, safe, and sustainable.
Watlow’s PM PLUS™, PM LEGACY™ and F4T® panel mount controllers are particularly useful n pharmaceutical manufacturing operations where very precise temperature control is essential.
For plant supervisory systems, the Eurotherm nanodac™ or Versadac™ Recorder Controllers, T2750 Programmable Automation Controller, 6000 Series Recorders and Eurotherm Eycon™ Visual Supervisors with their sophisticated data logging and rerecording, data security and tracing, and repeatability capabilities help manufacturers comply with latest regulatory guidelines.
For instance, tamper-resistant data recording provides evidence of correct environmental storage for temperature-sensitive products for GxP purposes.