enGenes Biotech GmbH
enGenes Biotech GmbH (enGenes) is a contract research, development and manufacturing company that provides leading edge technologies and production services for the manufacturing of recombinant proteins in bacteria.
The mission of enGenes is to provide cost-effective and scalable production of recombinant proteins at a fraction of current cost, allied to a vision of developing a world-class portfolio of cutting-edge protein production technologies, relevant to a broad spectrum of application fields.
enGenes Biotech has developed advanced technologies to drive more cost effective recombinant protein production processes.
The company’s unique enGenes-X-press™ E. coli platform is a proprietary technology that achieves outstanding yields of soluble and active recombinant protein.
enGenes-X-press is an improvement to the existing, well-received and approved, T7 expression system. The technology allows decoupling of cell growth from protein production with the ultimate benefit that cellular resources become exclusively available for the translation of the protein of interest.
The technology is fully scaleable and can be operated at high cell densities (up to 80-100 g/L biomass). This allows high specific and volumetric proteins yields and helps customers to reduce cost of manufacturing significantly.
enGenes-X-press has been successful applied for the manufacturing of enzymes and biopharmaceutical products that failed to give economically feasible yields in a conventional expression host (e.g. BL21(DE3).
Products & services
enGenes Biotech offers development and manufacturing services tailored around the needs of pharmaceutical and industrial biotech companies. The services include:
- Expression strain/vector development
- Fermentation process development and optimization
- Downstream process development
- Mg- to kg-scale non-GMP production of purified protein
- Technology transfer and scale-up support
- Technology out-licensing / co-development opportunities
enGenes is able to optimize protein expression in Escherichia coli, using a modular system of gene expression and protein production tools. Its customer services, focused on the expression of difficult-to-express proteins, are delivered through a series of steps that can be performed either individually or in combination allowing each client to fully tailor process to actual need.
Escherichia coli service options include cloning & vector optimization, generation of modified expression strains, feasibility studies for small-scale production, lab scale fermentations and bioprocess optimization.
enGenes Biotech is able to initiate and perform projects at different scales ranging from µ-scale (1 mL) to lab scale (1L-20L) to pilot scale (150L) with industrial scale (1000L) now coming on line.
To learn more about enGenes Biotech products and services and how they can assist your business, please contact the supplier.
- > Improved recombinant protein production in E. coli
- > enGenes-X-press protein & DNA production platform
- > enGenes brings enhanced protein yield opportunities to EFIB Brussels
- > enGenes participates in SynBIOcarb initiative
- > enGenes shows enhanced X-press protein yields at RPP conference
- > enGenes and acib to prove efficient site-specific incorporation of non-canonical amino acids into proteins
- > New research study demonstrates enGenes X-press glycosyltransferase yield advantages
- > Prokaryotic Protein Expression
- > enGenes showcasing X-Press and R&D highlights and opportunities at BIO-Europe 2018
- > Optimized Protein Expression in Escherichia coli (E. coli)
- > XPAND protein labeling collaboration unites enGenes with ACIB
- > Growth-Decoupled Protein Production - enGenes-X-press™
- > enGenes deploys X-press technology to modular prokaryotic protein expression services
- > enGenes brings X-Press industrial biotech applications to ESIB
- > enGenes brings X-Press technologies to BIO-Europe
- > Cost-effective recombinant protein production
- > New project applies enGenes X-press to biosimilars
- CRO, CMO, CRAMS & CDMO
- Drug Delivery
- Manufacturing & Production
- Pre-Clinical Research