RMS: Rotronic’s new complete continuous monitoring system
Products & Services | Rotronic AG
Rotronic, the world-leading Swiss manufacturer of products for the measurement of temperature and humidity, low dew point, CO2, differential pressure and airflow, has developed a complete continuous monitoring system.
Rotronic Monitoring System (RMS) checks, documents and visualizes all required measurements in one place and makes data available to the user in desired form, to be retrieved from anywhere, at any time from desktop//laptop (PC or Mac) or mobile devices. The system offers the highest level of performance, flexibility and versatility yet is easy to set up and operate.
RMS is a one-stop solution for which Rotronic offers a wide range of components to meet all needs with very wide choice of sensors, probes and input devices. It is also compatible across a broad range of third-party devices and systems.
The new Rotronic Monitoring system (RMS) provides one complete, flexible and yet simple environmental monitoring solution instead of many fragmented and complex systems working in isolation.
At the heart of the system lies server-based web software with a secure SQL database. The RMS software stores all recorded measurements securely in a system that the user can access at any time.
The software also records all data and events generating a range of alerts or warnings when customer defined criteria are breached. RMS data loggers transmit the measured values to the software via wireless or LAN communication.
Data can be retrieved in any form and integrated into third-party systems, with automated reports easily generated and sent autonomously to key personnel.
The system has already been extensively tested successfully and proven its worth in large-scale projects from global pharmaceuticals to local manufacturing companies. Customer feedback has enabled the system to continue to evolve, further enhancing many key features.
Features & Benefits
The RMS system’s design and engineering combine to provide very high levels of performance, flexibility and versatility, while remaining accessible and user-friendly. In particular, the remote monitoring system offers five key sets of features and benefits:
- High functionality: Data loggers record all data continuously with temperature, humidity and many other parameters. Third-party devices and existing systems can be integrated easily, making the RMS extremely flexible and allowing trouble-free expansion at any time. The system sends error messages and alerts by voice call, e-mail or SMS text messages as well as smartphone apps and switch outputs.
- Wide reach: whether the user is abroad travelling, or working in an adjacent room, RMS guarantees access to real-time data at all times. Control and monitoring is possible at any time via PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone. This gives peace of mind and also reduces costs.
- Data security: thanks to the SQL server database and the latest ASP.NET server software, high availability of the data is guaranteed, with data security ensured by https protocols – regardless of the location or terminal device. It is also possible to encrypt all data.
- High regulatory compliance: the new Rotronic Monitoring System meets all the regulatory requirements of GxP, FDA Annex 11, 21 CFR 11 and GAMP5.
- Easy installation: the technical experts in the research and development department at Rotronic have designed RMS to be simple and uncomplicated to install and configure. Local support is available through a worldwide network of Rotronic subsidiary companies and distributors.
The modular RMS system is suitable for use in laboratories, cleanrooms as well as production and manufacturing processes, stability cabinets and storage facilities throughout the food, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and cosmetic industries.
It is highly suitable for monitoring data reliably for building management systems, across industry, museums and art galleries, archive stores and during the transportation of valuable products that are sensitive to variations in humidity and temperature levels.
Click on Rotronic’s new complete continuous monitoring system for more information.
Click on Rotronic to contact the company directly.
Click on Products for more information on Rotronic measurement solutions.