Continuous monitoring system
Products & Services | Vaisala Oyj
The Vaisala Continuous Monitoring System (CMS) is a total solution designed for life science environments that need to maintain production environments and processes within defined parameters.
Particularly useful for operations that require continuous monitoring of distributed areas or facilities, the CMS helps firms comply with GxP, FDA 21 CFR Part 11, EU Annex 11 and similar regulations. The CMS is idealfor applications that require automated reporting and a proven system with rapid installation and dedicated support.
Vaisala’s continuous monitoring solution includes data loggers, software, service and full compliance documentation.
CMS System Design
Vaisala’s proprietary software viewLinc forms the heart of the Continuous Monitoring System. The system provides a user-friendly interface and intuitive monitoring features while connecting and managing a wide range of remote sensors and data loggers that can monitor temperature, relative humidity, CO2, differential pressure, light switch or door settings and other vital parameters.
viewLinc does not require a dedicated network or application. It is a web-based system accessed from a standard web browser and that connects with sensors and data loggers via LAN, WAN, Power over Ethernet (PoE), Wi-Fi or direct to PC via USB. Click here to download illustrations of typical system architectures.
The system continuously records parameters against time data, automatically backing up data history. When pre-set parameters are neared or breached, the system sends warnings viaa variety of notification methods such as email, SMS text, audible alarms or on-screen alerts.
The system is also easily scalable, allowing Plug and Play installation of new sensors, monitors and loggers, etc. Data loggers can be easily relocated to suit multiple applications and changing needs, with reach defined by the network. Thus a server in Germany could monitor a cold room in Shanghai.
Vaisala CMS provides triple redundancy data backup to guarantee continuous and gap-free records. It generates an audit trail that records all interactions with the system, providing a complete record for compliance with 21 CFR Part 11, etc.
The viewLinc reporting options, automation, and security features mean that internal quality assurance or customer-required records are always available for audit at any time.
Other features include:
- Redundant data protection
- Long-term measurement accuracy
- Failsafe alarming and gap-free recording
- Validated software and loggers that meet 21 CFR Part 11 and other regulatory requirements
- Accuracy to ±1%RH and ±0.10ºC, with a resolution of 0.05%RH and 0.02ºC
- Web-based interface for universal access and monitoring from any platform
- Alarm notifications through email, text, PC display, phone, lights/audio
- Secure Audit trail and customizable reporting
Continuous monitoring benefits
Vaisala CMS allows life sciences companies to set up 24/7 controlled environments in which vital operating, storage or safety environmental parameters are rigorously maintained and monitored.
CMS users can monitor and report from remote locations, viewing real-time data in a graphical format. The system can generate historical data trends and alarm reports to manage processes and routines. The viewLinc software also supports analysis of events, such as alarms, acknowledgements or communication problems. The system can automatically schedule transfers of data into graphic and tabular reports.
Managers will receive visual, audible or email alarms if conditions go out of specification or if the network goes down. The system also allows managers to create preconfigured comments for alarm notifications for specific monitored areas.
Vaisala CMS benefits in brief
- Failsafe protection: Continuous monitoring safeguard products and sample batches against loss or adulteration.
- Easy installation: Browser-based accessallows users remote access without installing the software on client PCs.
- Low cost of ownership: viewLinc can be deployed using an existing network and leverage from existing server infrastructure, saving the expense of maintaining a dedicated network.
- Complete data security: Months of data can be retained in the solid-state memory of each data logger with triple redundancy data retention ensuring gap-free data even in the event of power outages, loss of network connection or human error.
- Flexible alarming: System can generate remote and local alerts via text, phone, pager, PC, buzzer, lights, third party responders and can also send notices of out-of-tolerance conditions.
- Automated reporting: Users can create custom reports on demand. Frequently run reports can be automatically generated and delivered by email on a pre-set schedule.
- Time Zone-specific management: The system can span time zones, yet still report in the time zone required by the local facility. All data is collected and keyed to one central time zone but reports to all.
- Full support: Vaisala CMS comes with full customer service and support back up as well as all documentation required by regulatory authorities including installation and operational qualifications (IQ/OQ) validation.