Vetter Serialization / Track–and-Trace Services
Products & Services | Vetter Pharma International GmbH
Vetter offers a a flexible serialization service, that forms the basis of track-and-trace programs.
Serialization is the process of assigning and applying a unique identification code to a product. Track-and-Trace documents a product’s whereabouts throughout the supply chain. This ability to track a product’s whereabouts and trace its path is the start of a safer and more efficient drug supply chain.
Vetter’s serialization services can assign and apply a unique identification code to each final product (sales unit).
The second component is Vetter’s aggregation service that can define specific relationships between multiple items within a product shipment, such as cartons, cases, and pallets.
Services in detail
Vetter’s serialization and aggregation services together form the basis for “track and trace” that helps to meet current legislation and that can be adapted to customer specific requests.
Vetter utilizes EPCIS (Electronic Product Code Information Services), as the standard data-exchange interface to share information, which can be adapted to the client’s own proprietary IT or cloud-based solution.
Vetter offers serialization of products at the carton level (sales unit) using Linear and 2-D Data Matrix Code options.
Each saleable unit is assigned a unique identifier.
For example, a 2-D Data Matrix code on a carton might provide the following information:
- GTIN (Global Trade Item Number)
- Serial number)
- Batch or Lot number )
- Expiration Date )
- Package Quantity)
In addition Vetter offers an aggregation service at the shipping case, and pallet levels. This helps establish robust “parent-child” relationships among components, allowing transparency over exact contents of a product package at any point in the logistics chain.
Vetter provides a broad range of product serialization and aggregation services as part of its secondary packaging offering.
- Standard data interchange (EPCIS), transfer protocol (AS2) or transfer message using XML base with EPCIS design.
- Customer can specify customized data exchange messages and protocols.
- Commissioning report of serial numbers post-packaging
- Decommissioning report of serial numbers (100% documented)
- Shipping records for each shipping event
- Serialization and aggregation of each carton, case and pallet
- Linear and Data Matric code options
- Serial number generation by Vetter using sequential numbers or randomized for increased security
- In process control
- Additional sampling in warehouse
- Securing and saving serialized and aggregated data (SAP OER)
- Extension of standard code with additional ID attributes
Vetter IT and secondary packaging experts will work with the customer to meet specific requirements regarding interface, transfer protocol, transfer message, and reports.
Vetter’s serialization and aggregation services are seamlessly integrated into its state-of-the-art packaging processes. Since no global standard for serialization yet exists, Vetter offers flexibility to help clients comply with the specific regulatory demands of their individual markets.