By TAmiRNA GmbH
To get in touch with TAmiRNA GmbH, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
TAmiRNA offers hepatomiR® RUO RT-qPCR test kit for novel liver function biomarkers
Diagnostic innovator TAmiRNA has developed the microRNA-based hepatomiR® research-use only (RUO) test kit to meet the urgent need for standardized analysis of three novel microRNA liver biomarkers.
The new kit now provides a highly sensitive and specific RT-qPCR test and software application to obtain high quality results for the analysis of these blood-based biomarkers to assess liver function.
hepatomiR® kit features
TAmiRNA’s hepatomiR® kit is designed for high throughput allowing analysis of up to 12 samples per 96-well or 48 samples per 384-well plate.
The hepatomiR® microRNA panel enables quantitative analysis of three liver-enriched microRNAs hsa-miR-122-5p, hsa-miR- 192-5p, and hsa-miR-151a-5p in plasma samples.
The test is effective on sample volumes as low as 200 µL of platelet-poor plasma, with even lower volumes usable for research (RUO) purposes. Samples can be deep-frozen (-70°C or lower) or fresh (centrifuge plasma within 2 hours of blood collection).
The kit is designed for ease of use and efficiency, using primer-coated 96- or 384-well plates to minimize hands-on time and technical variability.
Fast and simple data analysis is provided by the associated hepatomiR® software application, which can speed analysis time from raw data to final results in under five minutes and converts raw miRNA levels into normalized values and even computes a combined liver function score. This score is currently under clinical investigation for the prediction of postoperative liver dysfunction in liver cancer patients.
hepatomiR® kit advantages
Apart from providing a highly sensitive and specific blood-based biomarker to assess liver function, the new hepatomiR® kit offers several other valuable advantages, and has thus great application potential.
- as a potential surrogate marker for hepatic vein pressure gradient, and
- for the prognosis, diagnosis, staging, monitoring and treatment response of chronic or acute liver and metabolic diseases, like
- Drug-induced liver injury
- AFLD, NAFLD and NASH
- Other chronic liver diseases
- Cardiometabolic syndrome and type-2 diabetes
The hepatomiR® assay enables quantification of 3 liver-informative microRNAs, including the established liver function biomarker miR-122, which is:
- at least as informative as alanine aminotransferase (ALT) in acetaminophen (APAP)-induced liver injury.
- useful to discriminate between hepatic and non-hepatic serum ALT elevations, such as muscular toxicity, with pre-clinical data suggesting serum levels of miR-122 increase earlier than ALT levels;
- significantly increased in acute liver injury (ALI) patients but not chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients.
Click on TAmiRNA hepatomiR® as innovative blood-based liver biomarker for further information.