By Ocean Insight
To get in touch with Ocean Insight, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
Ocean Insight is a manufacturer specializing in optical sensing technologies and with a range of products and solutions that benefit a wide range of industries, including pharmaceuticals, healthcare and life sciences.
Ocean Insight applies an integrated approach known as Applied Spectral Knowledge (ASK) that combines innovative spectroscopy hardware, software and on-demand data delivery, backed by deep category expertise, to create innovative and customized solutions that ‘Unlock the Unknown’ for its clients.
Ocean Insight equips organizations to solve the most urgent challenges in health, safety, and the environment by applying light sensing and spectroscopic technologies in compact, miniaturized form, together with an application-focused approach to produce real-world, useable solutions. Its main product areas include:
- Spectrometers: Ocean Insight offers a very wide and sophisticated range of compact and versatile spectrometers covering UV, Visible and NIR wavelengths for laboratory, field and process solutions.
- Light Sources: A range of modular sources for illumination, excitation and calibration, with options for UV, Visible and NIR wavelengths.
- Multispectral Imaging Devices: Ocean’s multispectral imaging solutions include multispectral wheel cameras, sensors and imaging systems, all based on arrays of pixel-level spectral filters purpose-configured for specific application areas.
- Spectral Systems: Spectral systems comprise hardware, software and other features optimized for specific applications such as liquid transmission in dyes, plating baths and chemicals, and non-contact industrial quality control. In addition, measurement techniques include color inspection, light measurement and Raman analysis.
- Oxygen Sensors: Coupling phase fluorometer with oxygen sensor probes and patches to form bench-top sensing solutions for fast, reliable non-invasive oxygen measurements in gas and liquid phases.
- Laboratory Services: Ocean Lab Services combine world-class expertise, world-class laboratory facilities, and next-generation machine learning architecture to provide breakthrough momentum toward client project goals. Ocean’s dedicated Lab Services team draws on decades of experience in optical sensing to deliver services ranging from basic feasibility studies to more complex offerings including experimental design, machine learning and consultancy.
- Software Development & Artificial Intelligence: Ocean Insight offers a full range of software options, from ready-made graphical user interface (GUI) tools to high-level programming libraries and custom algorithm development. It can provide software at multiple levels of power, complexity and programmability to meet a full spectrum of spectral analysis and automation needs. For customers dealing with complex data sets, Ocean can offer tools like algorithm development, chemometrics and powerful new Ocean Intelligence machine learning to turn data into real discovery.
Ocean Insight’s ASK methodology combines spectral technology, application expertise, and manufacturing scalability to help scientists, engineers and businesses create applicable solutions for a safer, cleaner, and healthier world.
ASK ties together in-depth strength in product design and development with in-house, cross-functional, category-specific expertise, drawing from disciplines including systems and software development; optical, mechanical and electrical engineering; and industrial design.
Ocean Insight thus possesses insights, technologies, and capabilities that are directly applicable to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and life sciences sectors.
In medical and life sciences, Ocean Insight can provide the analytical instrumentation and application insights needed to meet the growing demand for faster, more accurate diagnostic tools and simpler, smarter and more robust solutions that biomedical and life sciences professionals need to deal with health issues associated with aging populations and developing markets.
From monitoring trace amounts of chemicals to evaluating colorimetric assays, Ocean Insight sensing tools ensure accuracy and traceability with quantitative measurements.
Ocean Insight’s technologies are paving the path for tomorrow’s quick and accurate diagnostics in areas such as fluorescence sensing in PCR and complex multispectral imaging.
Its non-invasive and non-destructive technologies, like spectral sensing to analyze results also meetthe requirements of increasingly personalized and accessible medicine.
Ocean Insight’s custom sensing solutions provide reliable, real-time answers to pharmaceutical companies’ needs to understand, verify, and trace all steps of the manufacturing process, from incoming material inspection to biologics manufacturing.
For example, spectral sensing (spectroscopy) may involve shining light onto or through a sample and capturing a spectrum that shows the wavelengths of light removed through absorption and scattering. This allows manufacturers to determine the chemical composition and concentration of the components, with huge advantages for Inline monitoring of pharma processes.
- Process monitoring (inline and at-line)
- Accurate concentration measurements
- Quality control
- Material identification
- Validation of active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Shelf life and safety testing
Company History and Structure
Ocean Insight is the trading name of Ocean Optics, Inc., which is part of Halma plc, a global group of life-saving technology companies.
Ocean Optics was founded in 1989 by university researchers in Florida to develop a pioneering miniature spectrometer, which was commercially released in 1992.
In 2004, Ocean Optics was acquired by Halma and in 2008 was expanded to include Mikropack GmbH, a developer and supplier of spectroscopy accessories.
Ocean opened an office in the People’s Republic of China in 2006 and in 2016 consolidated PIXELTEQ multispectral imaging products into its portfolio. In the same year established a sales and support presence in India.
During 2018, it established Wave Illumination as an internal startup to develop the WaveGo handheld light meter and the following year consolidated color and imaging offerings from FluxData, Inc. into the portfolio. Also in 2019, the company was rebranded as Ocean Insight, an applied spectral knowledge company.
Quality, Regulatory and Standards
Ocean Insight’s technical excellence is underpinned by solid certification and rigorous standards.
Qualification for ISO/IEC 17025:2017 certification is assessed by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and specifies the “general requirements for the competence, impartiality and consistent operation of calibration laboratories. This accreditation provides the quality assurance supporting Ocean Insight calibration lab’s measurements.
Since 2009, Ocean Insight has also been an ISO 9001:2015 certified company for the design and manufacture of electro-optical equipment, optical filters and spectral imaging products.
Ocean Insight facilities, sites and installations are also certified to ISO Class 7 (FED STD 209E equivalent Class 10,000) and ISO Class 8 (FED STD 209E equivalent Class 100,000).
All Ocean Insight products are CE marked for quality and comply with the EU’s RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive 2002/95/EC that govern use of specific hazardous materials found in EEE electrical and electronic equipment.
8060 Bryan Dairy Road
Largo, FL 33777 USA
Phone +1 727-733-2447
Geograaf 24, 6921 EW
Duiven, The Netherlands
Phone +49 711-341696-0
Prestige Shantiniketan, Gate no.2
Tower C, 7th Floor
Whitefield main road, Mahadevpura
Suite 601, Kirin Tower
666 Gubei Road, Shanghai
200336, People’s Republic of China