By Mikron Automation
To get in touch with Mikron Automation, simply fill out the form below.
Subscribe to Supplier
Mikron Automation is the leading partner for scalable and customized assembly systems – from the first idea to the highest performance solutions.
Mikron’s expertise and proven track record guarantee the most productive solution to assemble customer products at each stage of their life cycle.
To date, Mikron Automation has installed more than 3700 assembly and testing systems for customers worldwide. The division employs over 650 people at Boudry and its other sites in , Denver (USA), Singapore and Shanghai (China). All sites meet ISO 9001 standards, with Boudry certified to ISO 14001.
Mikron Automation meets the needs of the pharma and medical devices industries with a full range of proven and modular platforms that allow customers to tailor ideal assembly solutions.
Mikron systems can handle parts of the assembly process from proof of principle, through clinical pilot lines, to fully automated solutions.
Mikron Automation’s global vision of mastery of the entire operation from the assembly process and the integration of complex processes to use a modular range of standardized equipment provides assembly automation solutions that guarantee of quality, reliability and superior performance standards.
Capabilities and applications
50 years of process expertise has given Mikron mastery of very complex medical device assembly and automation tasks with mastery of integrating complex high-speed processes.
Mikron Automation platforms can be applied across the full spectrum of medical device assemblies, including pen and auto injectors, inhalers, syringes, safety catheters, wearable devices, POCT and molecular diagnostics.
Mikron control systems use a vast library of standardized processes to assure the quality, stability and reliability of final solution, combined with highly capably and adaptable hardware platforms.
Together, these ensure that Mikron assembly needs can be configured to any assembly need:
- Feeding: from bowl, flexible or tray feeds
- Handling: capable of assembling even the most fragile items such as glass, needles and tubes
- Testing and controlling: a wide range of test capabilities including functionality, flow and leak, torque settings, needle tip, angle and length vision checks, occlusion, pull, quality, vision and X-Ray tests
- Dosing and curing: systems can apply glues, greases, liquid, perform micro spotting and powder dosing, as well as UV and thermal curing
- Welding: options for laser, resistance and ultrasonic welding
- Marking and printing: Assemblies can include hot foil marking, inkjet printing, labels, laser marking and pad printing
- Forming and stamping: also including clinching and Riveting
- Data management: including data capture, line management, trace and track info and compilation of statistics
Mikron has built its reputation on cutting-edge, standardized, self-developed assembly and testing systems, which stand out thanks to their reliability, modularity, high degree of flexibility and precision.
Mikron Automation provide customer-specific and highly productive automation assembly and testing systems based on different proven platforms.
Quality and Certification
Mikron Automation ensures all platforms fully comply with the latest certification standards right from the concept stage. All basic hardware and software platforms are validated to GAMP-5 and compatible with 21 CFR part 11, with specific emphasis on ergonomics and tool cleaning to ensure conformity with GMP standards.
The entire Mikron product family takes account of the special conditions governing clean room ISO 7 application.
Mikron SA Boudry
Route du Vignoble 17
Phone +41 32 843 11 11
Fax +41 32 843 11 12
Mikron Corp. Denver
8100 S. Potomac Street
Englewood, CO, 80112
Phone +1 303 364 52 22
Fax +1 303 364 52 24
Mikron Singapore Pte Ltd
61 Tai Seng Ave, #05-11
Phone +65 6299 1589
Fax +65 6299 2154
Mikron Industrial Equipment (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
No 358, 3rd Factory Dong Ye Road,
Dong Jing Town, Song Jiang District,
Shanghai China 201619
Phone +86 21 6767 9681
Fax +86 21 6767 9683